Thursday, November 10, 2005

Morgan Cey at long last comes to Johnstown from Springfield. Pardon my lack of excitement, but this is a goaltender that's been on IR so far this season and is a rookie. I find it difficult to muster enthusiasm at this point until I see the pudding. I believe there to be a solid reason for a trade to occur fairly soon as well. The rumor mills are brewing. We'll see I suppose.

I spent today emersed in Navy. It was most definitely an experience. I was a bit out of the meetings yesterday due to a foul mood induced by a third party so I didn't absorb the reality of the people I was in meetings with as well as I should. But after a full day and an evening in the bar with these gentlemen (how rarely are Navy boys referred to as gentlemen?) I gathered a full grasp. It started oddly enough with the talking "Piggy" doll and the rather racey jokes for a workday and ended with a few pints and some rather interesting perspective and advice. Thanks for the relaxing evening out fellas, even if I am now looking at less than 4 hours of sleep before another full work day. At least we have Friday off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the guys in those types of community are "good people." Not everything you've heard about Navy guys is true, you know.

Unless you mean the mad-crazy-love-making skillz. That's all true.

*PJ*

JM said...

Are you referring to the official batman cape?