Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Day 4 - Grand Cayman
Loved the island... I will need to return here some day to get the snorkeling in. We had such an eventful day, I think I'll stick to the highlights. First we headed out on our excursion: "Stingray City and Island Tour".

For the stingrays we headed out to the area where they congregrate and went into a semi-submersible where we watched them swim and had a diver bring them up along the boat. Damn their cute for such a goofy looking creature. From there we also hit the turtle farm where I was able to hold a smaller turtle and to see some huge buggers. Finally, the excursion took us to hell where we were able to mail out our postcards. I told ya'll that's where I'm headed someday.

From there we stepped out on our own, grabbing some lunch at the hard rock (so Slippy could get her pin) and then to find the butterfly farm... many more great flutterby photos coming soon with any luck. Then some shopping! I picked up an ammolite ring, beautiful stuff... my own little piece of Canada as it were. A few other small items were to be had before climbing back on the ship.

Dinner this evening, yum... lobster. I swapped out my shrimp for steak to perfect the meal. I also headed up to the spa to take advantage of my freebie package which had me totally chilled out once all said and done.

No comments: