Monday, November 28, 2005

Day 3 - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
I am not surprised that I didn't find Jamaica to be a place I want to head back to... it's a very poor country and it shows to the point of making me feel VERY uncomfortable. It is however, still a very beautiful place. Upon arriving we headed on our tour: "Sweet Jamaica Country Style" where we hit a large farm and got a good view of the island. From there it headed to what is the bane of Jamaica a little sh*t-hole craft market which was annoying as all get out. Let's just leave it at that. From there it was on to Dunns River Falls, which was really neat to see, but nowhere near like the waterfalls I experienced last year in Hawaii. We did at least get ourselves out to the beach while at Dunns River Falls at least for a photo or two.

One good thing about Jamaica? Good/cheap coffee and rum. Needless to say a good portion of each was procured to load up my luggage.

Another delightful dinner of lamb. Did I mention I love the food on these damn ships. At least I get to try different things without feeling guilty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Additional downer about Jamaica...the smell encountered when leaving the ship...I'm not kidding when I say it smelled like a big port-a-john. Thankfully, the odor stayed at the shore we docked at and was not encountered again at the shore we walked along...

~ Beff