Sunday, October 30, 2005

What a long and full day. Time for a verbose recap.

The carpets are as clean as I can get them without pulling out the huge rug scrubber and my hands are sore from manually trying to get the marks out in the living room. Again, why would anyone put such light colors in a house right by the entrances? The kitchen, hall, and bathroom floors are also scrubbed thoroughly. This means it's time to enforce the no shoes past the front door rule and to be more dilligent about bringing the dogs in through the basement so long as it's damp out.

I also did something I've put off for the last week and wrote a letter to an aquaintance. Yes, I physically pulled out one of the beautiful note cards that Angela made for me last year and wrote a quick letter. I think it's only fair to push you all, my faithful readers, to do the same. This person, I have only met them a few times. I know them only because of a band, of all stupid things, but they've been there for the past so many years. This person was someone to lean on over IM when I was a bundle of emotions from issues with my ex. He's in the military and moves about a good bit into the strangest places, but the beautiful thing about him is at every stop I get a post card or a short note. I probably get a card every week to two weeks, and each time it puts a smile on my face to think that there are people out there like him. Do you know someone like this? Write and tell them how special they are. I bet they need to hear it sometimes too. Besides, if you have enough time to sit around and read my blog you have way too much time on your hands.

From there I wasted a little bit of time chatting on messenger with a former NHLer who is now doddling down in the ranks a level. 1). Don't tell me Bates' ass isn't fabulous. You've seen it naked, super. I think you're just jealous of the junk in his trunk. *grin* 2). When Roche makes his way up to the A this year, just remember to pass along my hello when you play against him to throw him off his game for a split second. You two would get along splendedly. Same age, from the same area. A good agent is always at work getting names out there I suppose. 3). Sorry, I'm just not going to easily conceed and start to favor defensemen. I'm a LW kind-a gal, what can I say. At least I don't like goaltenders *blah* *giggle* 4). Thanks for thinking I'm hot. I'll TAKE that compliment with a smile.

While the fish's water came up to room temperature I decided to reward myself with a short period of time out of the house and I headed to see Saw II. Interestingly familiar but yet with a different twist. Still much better than many sequels.

Hockey night in Toledo. I'm sure the boys' butts are sore from the ride out there today, the ride back won't be any better as they lost 6-2 all said and done. Hrdel and Toffey tallied our only goals. Attempting to look on the bright side, the Canes smacked Pittsburgh 5-3 :) An honorable mention has to go out to the Senators who stomped the Leafs 8-0. I definitely have some good points coming out of tonights games for my fantasy team!

I feel like I did so much today but got nothing done. I know how to accomplish one thing however, sleep.
"Hey Bacchus. She hates me. -Type O Negative"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's wrong with goalies?

~ Beff