Sunday, October 16, 2005

I got up early Saturday deciding to get my cleaning out of the way and to give me a wide open afternoon to focus on my paper which was due on opening night. I don't think this much of my house has been this clean in a long while. I even rearranged the living room a little and I'm liking the change. Now if I can just get the posters done for the fan club I can clean up my dining room and get all of those materials out of there.

After realizing I have a two week delay on the current section of my paper, I decided I needed a break and didn't work on my paper all afternoon as planned but instead, the Slipster, Beff, and I headed to Altoona to do a little Christmas shopping. At least I have a few more items purchased, but there are so many gifts I need to come up with. People are too hard to buy for. From the mall we then met CJT and my mom at Olive Garden for some grub and then back to Jtown for a girl's chat sitting around many episodes of southpark.

The Chiefs pulled off another shoot out win against the Nailers in preseason last evening. I'd imagine David Currie had a wee bit more of a challenge in goal than there was on Thursday since some of the chaff has been cut from the wheat in Wheeling. So NF says, Morency got hurt *oh darn* and Cygan lost a few teeth *eww*. I'm sure that will look lovely.

Also, Satin ended up having a seizure yesterday. This is the first one I've caught in a very long while. She remains pretty lucid during seizures, and maintains bodily control, but it is still tough to see her like that. I really don't want to start shoving her medicine directly in her mouth at meal times, but I'm starting to think there is much option. If she's not eating, she's not getting the meds, if she's not getting the meds, we'll have issues.

Today I was up and moving once again, off to church and then taking a nice relaxing shower. The legs are shaved and lotioned, and I'm pondering the rest of the day. Here's hoping for the guts that everyone tells me I should have. Funny thing is Kathy tells me the key is to "be myself" and then one of the first main lines in our church sermon is the very same. Point made. I must I must I must get past my self defeating fears and avoid the regret of delay. You wait to long, you lose. This time last year I watched someone leave town and I was happy I at least got to talk to them before they departed. I don't want to relive the departure in any way - but if that's what happens, then I'd at least like to know things for certain. Embarassment is temporary, regret is forever, right?

No comments: