Friday, September 16, 2005

Still trying to stay caught up here so I'm a little late with my hockey news being posted, despite it being in the back of my mind. Shawn Mather's deal in Europe definitely fell through as I suspected from a post I found a while back that made me wonder. He is now headed to Fresno to play with the Falcons. At least we won't be playing against him in the same division, there is nothing worse than having a former Chief nailing you on hat tricks.

The other half of the recent news is Mike James going to the AHL. Off he heads to the Houston Aeros and I sit here scratching my head how that happened. Does he have some hockey prowess? Sure, but I wouldn't rank him above many of the other guys I am not seeing making the upward move. Someone's agent deserves a bonus.

Today was the first Middle Eastern Dance lesson which Beff convinced me I should make time for despite my fear of jumping into dance of all things with a pile of women. Yes, I'm glad I went. I think I've been interested in learning ever since seeing Lady Adrian in the SCA dancing, but I was always too afraid. That desire was reinspired by dearie Sandra who was part of a troop down in Raleigh. Wow, it feels good to post something that doesn't involve work for once in how long.

Speaking of work, guess where I am! But get this crap - the only coffee pot on the floor I work on has a great big "Out of Service" sign on it. If I can just get on top of all the documents the rest is butter. Then again, there is a mystery meeting tomorrow morning with my LM and a few other people in the program.

"He said that he would never lie. -Jack off Jill"

No comments: