Sunday, September 11, 2005

I've grown, really I have. I'm pretty good about killing spiders for myself now. Out of necessity only, don't get me wrong, I'd still gladly have someone here happy to squish the little buggers when I squeal. The one thing I have not grown bold with is centipedes. *shiver* Last night I'm in bed, the television is set to turn off in a while. I'm half in and out of sleep when my eyes flutter open ever so slightly. What do I see but this black object up in the corner of the room. With a quick flick of my nightstand lamp I realized what was staring me down - a dreaded centipede.

When I say I've grown bold with spiders I mean I can wad up a huge pile of tissues and squish while half queasy and afraid they'll attack. With the centipede I had to pull out not only the wad of tissues but a flyswatter. After loosening the loathsome creature from the wall he began running about in a disorderly manner as centipedes tend to do. Here I am, now wide awake, in my "typical" sleeping attire darting about swinging the flyswatter like a crazed murderer wields a knife. I'm sure anyone outside who caught a glimpse of my shadow would have wondered what on God's green earth was going on in there. After many swings I managed to do enough damage to incapacitate the centipede. From there I could scoop him up with the swatter and get him to the toilet for his final burial.

Today, after a night's sleep well earned, instead of being productive I headed to Greensburg with the Slipster and Beff. I was suppose to be Christmas shopping but instead I managed to find another pair of dress pants, a nice brown sweater, and two bad ass long sleeve tees perfect for under jerseys, a couple books - oh, and don't forget the superman underware that all three of us bought variations of. (God I miss my wonder woman underroos.) With the nature of many of the books I'm buying and reading lately I think my next better half will be one lucky man. Several of the books today are no exception, but a little less racey than many, as they will give me better awareness of massage and reflexology.

I returned home for the evening and to my joy had the whole Law household here to help me identify some issues in the apartment with the kitchen sink. Speaking of growing, I'm going to try and replace the new supply line on my own when I pick up the replacement. Wish me luck!

No comments: