Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's done, it's turned in. Of course, I had to suffer, for the first time in my school career, having all of the other student's assignments available to view. It's very distracting and puts me into a panic. This one is longer, this one has more references, this one has this format, this one does that. Truly torture for me.

After finishing my paper up I decided it was time to bathe Vixen as she clearly got into something rather foul this morning outside. You know, there is a reason I took to paying someone to bathe this dog. I'm now reminded. I did win the battle against the 60-some pound dog, but barely. My tee shirt and shorts were definitely soaked through by the time I was done and my legs were shaking from trying to pinch her still while I worked to clean her. I think my arms were considering leaping from my body after carrying her out to the deck. It's shameful to share with the world that I'm so out of shape as to come near to losing a fight w/ a dog less than half my weight.

To not dredge through other people's papers I tried to relax some by dragging Beff out to a movie. We hit the Richland cinemas, even though I would really rather only ever see movies up in Westwood. Speaking of movies - I still have gift certificates for the Carmike in Altoona. I guess I better get on those before they expire. Of course, it's not worth the expenditure to make the drive. But I digress... the movie wasn't as good as the Nightmare Before Christmas, but I liked it. I had a few good laughs and I've taken a few quotes away that I'm sure I'll dredge up to inject humor into the mundane things.

After heading out from there I actually cooked a meal, another rarity that I keep harping I need to get back on top of. And finally, I talked Beth into diving in to Constantine. I bought this DVD a while back but have been waiting to watch it with her since it has Keanu in it. Definitely my speed of flick.

No comments: