Thursday, August 25, 2005

Every now and again I get a reminder that, yes, I do have a little geek in me. I'll never be l33t, but I'm okay with that. Yesterday afternoon I tried to get the executable for the project I'm pmting to work on my machine. Error. Well hell. But alas, I actually dug back to my memories of actually doing database work and knew what the lovely microsoft error code was so eloquently trying to tell me. I snagged the right driver, installed it, and created a DSN and POW. I know, pathetic. But I felt like I ruled for a very short moment.

So after all of the afternoon's excitement it was time to go get myself sore again. Did I start going to the gym you may ask? Yes, the gym of Beff. I believe their slogan is "get buff by moving beff". Two loads later and another dinner way later than any human should eat dinner and it was time to crash out. Again, fabulously cool evenings to sleep in. I had a nice autumn/halloween moment while carrying things in the dark from the car to Beth's house. All I can say is her neighborhood would be perfect to be a kid in at halloween. So many leaves to run through and lots of big porches just calling out to be decorated.

"Leave her behind if you want to show me. -Garbage"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that I do have the greatest friends in the world. Judy, Slipster, V, and Phil busted butt helping me move two trips...Judy and Slipster have logged other trips too and have put massive amoounts of time into assisting me in getting my house ready for moving in. Davie T helped with demo work as well and my brother has been there tons to help me fix things up. Thank you to all of you!

Blessings,
Beff