Monday, July 11, 2005

Whee! That summarizes my weekend pretty clearly. Davey's party was cool. I didn't plan on drinking but let's be realistic, I was around Davey - how could I not drink?

Sunday it was time to head out to Hershey with my sister and her rugrats. We got to the park a little later than we wanted but we still have plenty of time to parade around. All was fab, I can't believe how much the park has changed since I was last there. Granted, it's been quite a few years, but still! The coasters were amazing and I have the bruises on the backs of both arms and on my legs to prove it. I didn't realize the Giant Arena was right butt up against the park, but now that I know that I will definitely head out for a Bears game if any of our guys are up a league and playing there. My Hershey park souvineir? A Hershey Bears shot class. :) Hey, I DID buy it in the park and confused the hell out of the sales girl in the process. She assured me they had other shot glasses that are just for the park and didn't seem to understand that this was, in fact, THE one I wanted.

We closed down the park and headed back to the hotel to find SlapShot on ESPN Classics with the extra commentary on the bottom. Quite a nice way to fall asleep, even if it was accompanied by the snoring of my niece. Monday morning, any day I don't have to get up and go to work when everyone else does rules. We instead got up and headed to Hershey's botanical gardens and butterfly house. As evidenced from my ton of photos from the Niagra Falls butterfly house, I love flutter-bys. Unfortunately, this time - I forgot my camera and they didn't have disposables. :(

A quick drive back to Jtown and I headed to the Chiefs town hall. Here's the hockey news folks... Andress and Caponigri signed! I've also got rumor that we've also signed Munech and Cavy. Hopefully we'll have word on a coach as well as the names of the guys we're getting on futures from Columbia by the end of the month. Sounds like Tampa Bay may also be helping us get some goalie action rolling. Nothing set... hang tight!

No comments: