Friday, July 22, 2005

The beat on the internet (an article I found, and I hear it was on WJAC last night - in ADVANCE of the press announcement) is that we might have Frank Anzalone coming in as coach for the Chiefs. He has coached most recently at Lake Superior State... which is cool since that's where Bates went to college, however they were not there "together". Looking at Coach Anzalone's record in recent years I'm wondering however if he was just plagued by bad teams or if there is more reason for concern with him stepping into the coaching role at an even higher level. Of course I doubt highly that anyone with the power to make this selection would pick anyone that would put us at a disadvantage, so we'll just see how things play out.

Other hockey news:
Jeff O'Neill's brother was killed in a car crash. Many prayers and much sympathy to his family.

Ovechkin has decided to play with the Caps this year, a good thing if I am forced to cheer for them again, however I doubt that will happen. I'll just have to advise Batesy where to play when we talk to him this weekend *grin*

I am now in NC, I only skimmed my emails so if you didn't get a reply, don't be surprised - I'll get to ya later. :)

So here's the catch up. We drove all day, of course, and got in just in time for dinner. Off to Connolley's for some good grub and good bsing with the B&A-crew, Joe and even Andrew! A job offer or two later, ok, let's face it you were BEGGING to work with me again *laugh* and we headed back to get ourselves ready to head to Legends for the evening.

I never thought I'd see threesome conceding to a spanking but it happened. Why didn't I have my camera with me? Joe being the chivalrous knight that he is sent an odd gentleman packing and we came back to CRASH for the night. You know it's been a long day when Slippy sleeps beyond 5am.

No comments: