Thursday, June 23, 2005

The past day and a half has been pretty hectic. Wednesday involved a lot of catching up at work on my second project and a feeble attempt to crank out meeting minutes from travel. I had to take a quick break during the day to pull together materals for a deadline on my classwork that not all in my class-group seem to be ready to work together on. It's a bit frustrating to work in online groups, but I guess it's a necessary evil. I was also forced to be a bit of a heavy with a friend and was told how great of a drill sargeant I would have made. *grin* I'll take that as a compliment. I know sometimes I need someone saying "no, do it now" to get my ass in gear.

Wednesday afternoon I had made a few appointments to fill my Thursday afternoon as I opted to take it off since I had so many extra hours from traveling and prep for travel. First, I hauled my anorexic dog to the vet. Satin isn't exactly young anymore, that combined with her being an epileptic keeps me concerned about her well being. Given that she has lost a good 15 lbs in a short period of time and refuses to eat nightly despite my best attempts to get her to eat something, anything - it was definitely time for a visit to the doc.

So several hundreds of dollars later it's time to then go spend money on myself. What gets me is, you'd think it would be more expensive down south for animal care etc, but not the case thanks to the need to send bloodwork out and shipping medication in. *rolls eyes* I want to live in a real city again.

My hair tends to grow a buttload faster in the summer and it just hasn't been hanging correctly with this most recent hair-cut so from the vet I went and had another quick trim. From there on to my favorite little shopping joint where I found a couple pairs of jeans that actually fit nicely on my "ghetto-booty" (tm) (thanks Thompson).

I see this evening on my email that the Chiefs will be getting a new mascot this year. This should be interesting. What I don't get is they're asking for fans to send in name ideas, but they didn't say WHAT the mascot is. Enough babble, time to crank out my assignments for class as the week is coming to a close all too fast to wait around on these tasks.

No comments: