Thursday, June 02, 2005

More kudos for Chiefs staff today. John Michaels, the voice for our chiefs on the radio this past couple seasons was named the ECHL broadcaster award while Mike Mastovich, writer for the Tribune-Democrat, received the ECHL outstanding media award.

It was a pretty good day for me too! I was pretty busy at work, so the day went quickly. I come back to my desk at ten til 5 from an afternoon of meetings to a call from my boss. So we cranked out my review and I wrapped up the paperwork so that is all done for the year. I'm pretty relieved. We changed our review process and there were all kinds of new things to complete this year that I thought would be a real nightmare and would have me locked into unrealistic goals for the next year. Fortunately my boss was agreeable with what I had pulled together and the whole food chain signed off on it with no changes. *whew* I also got to sign of on my yearly raise, that's always a bonus.

I'm not knocking it, but I'm just a smidge under what I was making whilest in NC now. With the cost of living differences I'm DEFINITELY not complaining, but I do wonder what I could have myself at down south. One has to recall, that during the three years there I didn't get a single raise due to the slowing economy. Noone was complaining, I was just happy I wasn't part of the massive cut-backs my industry was feeling for those several years.

Anyhow, so I get home and there's a package! I can't believe my jersey is here already. Very impressive. Mmm, new jersey.

No comments: