Thursday, June 30, 2005

It's funny how the day after I preach to myself on not spending cash "shopping" I decided to make a birthday gift purchase for myself (expect a photo soon enough). But the logic is this, Meigray's sale only lasts until the NHL resolves their current issues which it sounds that resolution is imminent. With my purchase I get half of the price I spent today off of my next purchase. C'mon, that's a great deal! You're not buying my argument for this being a good move, are you? Well damn my public anyhow.

Even if I didn't make this purchase it was nice to talk hockey with the Meigray folks on the phone. They're always so pleasant.

Besides, last night Beff and I realized I simply don't have enough jerseys. Ok, she didn't exactly agree with that statement. But trust me, she agrees on some level. Now, Mr. Battaglia, if you can return to your former glory the value of these jerseys will go up... then again, maybe you should wait until I find my grail.

This evening our little coven will be heading towards Indiana to celebrate the Slipster's birthday with a little dinner. Ok, we're really not a coven but I like the word as it means a group of "13 witches" (my favorite number and relevant to today's post). Plus who can resist the opportunity to point out that coven is the origin of the word convent... you know, where they shack up nuns? Another funny little tie between the Catholic church and the forces they have always rebuked but yet immitated to no end. Send a girl to cathecism classes every week for so many years and look what you get. Don't get me wrong people, I'm still very Christian, I'm just a practicing Methodist now.

"Why do you love me, you're driving my crazy. -Garbage"

No comments: