Sunday, May 15, 2005

Yesterday's waking hours were all about Beff (Marsha Marsha Marsha!) After David arrived we headed over to get to work on her new house. I may not be good at home repairs, but the whole demolition work is kind of entertaining, even if it does leave you pretty sore the next day. We ripped up carpet and padding, tore down drop ceilings, and swept up the numerous things that fell along with the drop ceiling *groan*... oh, and we trimmed Beff's bush. *grin* Girlfriend let that get WAY out of control. After eight hours it was time to consume dead cow. Gratefully Lone Star is opened again so I was able to get my fix.

All of that work did do one other thing - it made me not read my email for an entire day. Crazy, I know. In the midst of one day what could I possibly miss? Well I'll tell you - the first signing announcement for the 2005-2006 Chiefs. Go figure! Regardless, a warm welcome back to Jean DesRochers and David Currie. I suspect we will be hearing quite a few more returning names over the months to come, even with some of the guys heading off to Europe etc. Either way, since I didn't expect any announcements to come out until July, this was a quite welcomed tidbit to help me get through the hockey-less summer.

Back to Beff's today to get some cleaning done. I guess most of this week will be about cleaning as I need to get ready for my first big cookout of the season which is scheduled for this upcoming Saturday. Hopefully we'll be able to obtain our grain to make the official archery house punch for the shindig. Everyone pray that it won't rain! I don't think I can fit that many people in my house.

On a final note, this term I was REALLY sweating my GPA on my masters degree. This term was a networking related class, just one of those things I never quite grasp, and I don't have a passion for. I SQUEEEEEEAKED by and still pulled an A. I REALLY thought I was kissing my 4.0 GPA goodbye this term. I have been trying my darndest in the persuit of this degree, but I can always afford to work a little harder. We'll see how the next class goes, this summer I'm doing an elective on "Communication, Negotiation & Conflict Resolution" under the project management track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the GPA, and ah the lovely Conflict class how you will love it lol, well if you need any help, just shout I will love to help ya out. -- Kris

Anonymous said...

For the record...I did not let my bush get that out of control, I merely inherited the mess...

~ Beff :)