Tuesday, May 31, 2005

For all practical purposes today was a Monday. Did I have a "case of the Mondays" (thank you Officespace)? No, but the day actually went pretty fast. I did get to fight with the printer a bit however.

After work I scrubbed off the Jtown hick and headed out for some culture. In celebration of Congressman Murtha's 50th anniversary the Johnstown Symphony held a concert and I ended up with a set of tickets (thanks work!). The concert was great. Of course it has me itching to make an attempt at the musical instruments of my past. How humiliating would that be to see how bad I am after years of not even trying? I was taken aback when I was looking through the list of names of the symphony members when I started to tell my accompaniment that this was the first time I had been to anything of that nature where I didn't recognize a name and then it hit me. The one name, strikingly familiar. Then to see it listed under an instrument which connected in my mind. I KNOW this person.

There is nothing like seeing the name of a girl you can guess probably had a severe distaste for you in high school and it really wasn't "your fault". Hey, she was the one with the engagement ring on her hand, but yet I am pretty sure she knew the real score. Funny how *ahem cough* years can go by and yet be such fresh memories at the sight of a face/name from the past.

No comments: