Sunday, April 03, 2005

What a fabulous game. We completely owned the Nailers, can I EVER complain about that. I was exceedingly happy to see that DesRochers broke his slump and with style - a hat trick! I was sitting by my beloved Nailer_Fan *laugh* and without a hat, so what is a girl to do other than to grab the Wheeling Nailers hat, head for the ice, and give it a toss! Congrats DesRoch. When it was all said and done the Chiefs downed Wheeling 6-4. There was the three from DesRochers, and one from Chris Leinweber, Brent Kelly, and Brett Peterson. Excellent way to end the weekend and go into the last week.

They always said in music that a solid beginning and solid ending were key. Even if you make mistakes in the middle the beginning and end is what everyone remembers. So let's finish out the season in style.

Post game I do have one thing, no - make that two things to say.
1). Why do guys say things ... ever really, but in particular why do they say things and ask things they don't mean? I mean, to inquire about someone's plans when it's known that you don't really care why? Do boys do this knowing that we're going to think ourselves to death wondering if it was so they knew to avoid certain places or if it was a pseudo invite or if it was just idle chat.
2). Never, ever try to prebowl when you're distracted. It's best to save your money and assume they'll be using 10 pins below your average.

I felt so bad for the robins out and about today - hunting eagerly for a meal after the snow. We ended up with a solid inch on the deck this morning, but it then got slushy/rainy and blew everywhere. Hopefully they enjoy half stale english muffins. It's the thought that counts, right?

I guess I'll try and get some work done this evening. Stupid distracted mind.

This day is so worthy of more than one line:
"I want to be the girl with the most cake
He only loves those things because he loves to see them break
I fake it so real I am beyond fake
And someday you will ache like I ache -Hole"

No comments: