Friday, April 15, 2005

So here I am - again - in California, MD. It's all good however, as the design review went as well as we could hope with the given situation. *sigh* For once we didn't head to catamarans *grin* instead we stuck around at the Dew Drop Inn. Yes, I admit it - I karaoked w/ Doug's friends, but ya know - I know NOONE here. It's a beautiful thing.

So the bartender tried to convince me that nothing odd has happened since my last visit here. Who are we kidding that odd events would happen both times I've been to the Dew Drop? Tonight we had the drunk-ass smacking his head off of everything shouting "waaaazzzzzzup" etc etc who was tossed from the bar. He then attempts to leave in his own vehicle. Again, the police were called as this guy was completely
(as my beloved Davey would say) in the bag. Right after that there were the strange old men and the other karaoke singers - What a night.

The drive here was bright and sunny. I can't believe how warmer things are towards DC, never mind the blossoms and whatnot that are no where in sight in Johnstown. Good for my allergies, no - but wonderful to see none the less, even if spring does mean no hockey for 6 months. Who would have ever seen me as the person waiting for winter?

For some pseudo-hockey flavor, the word is the eatery that Bates Battaglia and his father are opening is Raleigh is to be called Cielo which translates to "sky" in english. I'd like to get me a taste of that *grin*

No comments: