Saturday, March 19, 2005

While I'm happy for Jim and Heidi, please don't get this wrong... but I'm quite impressed with my mental stamina in that I was able to not only survive my mid-term today (which sucked heinously as expected) but I also made it through a baby-shower. It's the goofy games and cooing that some women do over anything baby related that gets me. I was fortunate as the games were few and tame compared to some other showers I've been to, but any cooing is too much cooing in my opinion.

Another point to be made here today... I bring this up because Mithy instantly touched Heidi's stomach when we walked in. I'm not into that, but I could cope, except it makes me think of the STRANGERS that did that to one of my other friends when she was pregnant. How do you NOT break someone's fingers when they just randomly touch you? As women we have honed skills from dealing with unwanted touches from the opposite sex in bars and clubs, you'd think it would be a difficult thing to just turn off.

I haven't seen Jim and Heidi since their wedding! So it was nice to get to see them both again, they look great. They're another one of those couples that you can tell are still so completely in love and that they match so perfectly. Yeah, the type of couple that makes you jealous!

Anyhow. As a wrap up for the evening there was hockey to be listened to. I'm quite lucky the game wasn't here in Jtown or that would have created some issues with my mid-term. Interesting start in the first with PL taking out the ref (accidently) with a puck to the face... but the game rolls on.

Shortly there after Cavy scores taking the Chiefs up 1-0 against the Dayton Bombers. And then the scorefest began. I listened intermittently while grabbing movies from the new movie store and food. Dayton tied it up and then quickly went up 3-1 in the second. Joe Tallari answered keeping the Chiefs in for a little while longer, but Dayton responded. Heading into the third we're down 4-2, another early goal by Dayton and then one more from both Cavy and Tallari. Sadly Dayton had two more instead of us and we dropped 4-7. I understand Dix of Dayton had not scored prior to this evening and yet he pulled off a hat trick on us tonight. What's up with that?!

No comments: