Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Back from travel once again, none the worse for the wear. We had a few more drinks and more seafood on Sullivan's Island and headed back to the hotel a bit early. The weather is so nice today that I figured I'd play hookie after returning to Johnstown. So nice out: 50 degrees and a little bit of that bright thing in the sky is nice :) It's funny how little of a temperature increase it takes to be "warm" in Johnstown.

I did take advantage of the agreeable weather by working in front and back yards raking leaves, cleaning out the flower beds, and dealing with all of the tree branches that fell in the yard through the winter. I was only doing so for an hour and a half of active raking and shoveling but my hands were burning and a bit raw when I hit the shower. I sure could use a "landscaper" *wink wink*

My tulips and daffodils are starting to show their faces - at last.. SPRING! I also made a list of all of the household repairs I should attempt to tackle this summer. We'll see how much of it I can afford to get to this year. Owning a house can be such a pain in the butt, but at least it's mine and it's home. Someday MAYBE it will resell and help me on my way back south again... someday.

Bowling went okay. Two solid games. Now to the game. I missed the first period due to bowling (and neglecting to take my walkman with me). At the first intermission however we sat tied at 2 against the Riverwomen. Brent Kelly and Joe Tallari both snagged one to keep us in this one to this point. The second was quiet for the Chiefs, but not Peoria. In the third Tallari scored another, but all for nothing with things ending 5-3.

Another note: DOH Bates, honey, brush your hair before you get your picture taken. Why don't people tell hockey players this? If he wasn't smiling this would be a mug shot.

No comments: