Friday, March 18, 2005

Ah. Quite the evening. We started out at the Dew Drop Inn rather ominously. As we pulled in the three of us that went out see this guy backing out in his truck and he just smashes into this other truck. Being loud, outspoken, and a bit "I can see that happening to me" I walked over assuming the idiot would try to drive off, which he was about to do. He had his window down and I said "um, you just hit that truck, don't think you're just driving off". Now, this guy... obviously quite sloshed, looks at me very confused and backs up hella fast spinning tire. At this point I step behind another car figuring if he's going to try and run me over he'll have to take out another car in the process. Now this hick goober is completely confused. It's like you can see the monkeys in his head smashing cymbals together trying to get the neuron (yes singular) to fire so he can try and figure out what to do.

I KNEW at this point the DBK was going to drive off. Thank goodness for Maryland as they have license plates on the fronts of the cars too. So I whip out a pen and paper (the back of a War Memorial ticket envelope thank you) and write down his license, make and color of vehicle. Then - yes - as expected the idiot whips out of the parking lot. As I head in now behind the other folks I'm with a staff member is at the door and quite grateful that I took down this info. He calls the cops.

Let the drinking begin. A surprisingly short period of time later a statey pulls up. I know I'm going to get questioned, no biggie. All is dealt with. Everyone is happy - well, except for that older guy who had a busted out tail light and dinged up fender etc, but he was still thankful for getting the info.

Later in the evening before leaving this joint the staff member tells us the state police just called back - they caught the guy, after he smashed into another car. DER! So, at least there is one idiot off the road and sitting in jail tonight. From there we headed off for some of us headed off for dinner. Being at the coast may as well eat some seafood and that I did. From there we walked down the street to Catamaran's. BITCHIN.

I didn't realize how much I was itching to go dancing, but damn it felt good. I think this is the best Saint Patty's Day I've had in many many years. Poor Ryan as he had to play drunk bus for some of us. I had a buzz at one point but after sweating it off on the dance floor and a good bit of water I was pretty good to go. I come home with sore feet, a couple sets of beads *grin*, a glowing shamrock, and stories of a pretty fun night. Is that a second evening of team building that went past midnight? Yes, this was therapy for my job. Every now and again it doesn't suck too much. If I didn't have to worry about my baby girls I might actually WANT to travel a little more often.

While I was off having a blast I see the Chiefs fell harder than ever before this season - 7-0 against the Riverwomen. *ugh* Thank you Forest for first saying "and that's all I have to say about that".

No comments: