Monday, February 21, 2005

It's been a busy and productive hockey weekend for the Chiefs. On Saturday Beff continued her prediction streak successfully stating that Desrochers would have the goal bringing things to a tie and Cavy would give us the game winner. In addition we had scores on Saturday from Bowman and Tallari to finish off Dayton. A great game with a decent crowd. Hopefully as the team picks up momentum the crowds will grow.

Sunday was pretty busy as I had to hit church and the grocery store before the game. But unlike my dreams have led me to fear I wasn't late in any way (I've had a reoccuring dream about being very late for the games - go figure). Mather, Tallari tallied for us - Joe Tallari putting up not one, but two, to finish off Trenton. A much more important win than that over Dayton the previous two days. It's pretty hard to be lower than us in points right now, but that's where Dayton is. A few more points and we can start working on picking of Peoria. Keep climbing guys.

Lesson for the weekend: even if you're trying hard to wish someone happiness, sometimes seeing it as being true can be painful.

I spent a little time working more on my taxes. Things are not looking peachy. Right now I owe around $1600. Quite the change from getting a couple grand the past few years. I'm glad I didn't shift withholdings or I would have really been screwed. It would be nice to have consistent taxes from one year to the next. It's clear however that I'm taking quite the stab because I'm single again. Higher taxes, higher car insurance - Thanks America - I guess the lesson is to just go marry someone, anyone and save a few bucks.

"cause I know, I don't belong... here in heaven. -Eric Clapton"

No comments: