Friday, February 18, 2005

I didn't hear before tonight, but it appears that David Currie injured his hand on Sunday and will be out for a little while. Get healed back up David! So far this evening in Dayton: Cavy tied things up for us in the first at 1. The second period stayed scoreless and the third struggled away... we were back to overtime.

We didn't even have to take this one to the shoot out as Joe-Joe kicks it in and gives us the two points. Great work Tallari! Scary part however... Beff predicted today at work that Joe would win it for us in OT. Better watch out Desrochers - Joe passed you in goals, those overall points are going to start catching you if I don't start hearing your name soon. I am trying to convince Beff that she needs to make a prediction w/ your name in it.

I remember the year in Carolina when we had an over-abundance of overtimes. But we had such luck in overtime, to see us struggling in the third would have me saying "if we can just get to overtime, we can take this game", and sure enough - I was right pretty darn often. Such has NOT been the case for the Chiefs in overtime this year. Waiting until February to pull a win out of 11 OTs (tonight was our 12th) and then two in a row? Maybe we're turning over a new leaf.

"Don’t you forget I had him first. - Toni Braxton"

No comments: