Monday, December 06, 2004

After being at my desk for a mere hour out of eight and getting fifty emails in one day I can say I am most definitely in project management. I spent the entire morning in meetings. Tell me, how does one get things done when they are perpetually in a meeting about what needs to be done?

I digress. I am glad I left myself a note, as in my rushed day I didn't get a chance to relay a humorous dog story to my blog, the title IS Hockey, _Dogs_, and Cake after all. So here goes. Last evening I had a fire going which was heating up the living room, kitchen and hall quite nicely. Of course that meant the heat wasn't kicking on, and with the bedroom door closed it was destined to be pretty cold in there by the time I went to bed. So, I propped open the door and strategically placed a basket of dirty clothes in the entryway to prevent the dogs from wandering in (mostly to keep Vixen off of my bed).

Satin loves to test boundaries, so I didn't have high expectations of this ghetto solution, but to my surprise - she remained out of the bedroom all evening. WOW! Alas, it's about that time, a little after midnight and I'm bushed from cranking out more of my paper. I brush my teeth and come out to gather my girls into the room for a good night's sleep, but I can't find Satin. After looking around a little I decided to enter the room and move the basket of clothes.

TADA! Satin is curled up - fast asleep on her pillow in the corner of the bedroom. Yes, my dog is smarter than me. It was nice of her however to humor me and stay out of the room until bedtime.

Anyhow, time to jet to the fan club meeting.

And, by the way, RP... I heard what you did. *smacks forehead* honey... c'mon.

No comments: