Friday, July 09, 2004

Lord Stanley drew quite the crowd. I'm glad the city of Johnstown didn't let this one go by without a glance. A huge thanks to Dana Heinze for sharing part of his precious time with the cup with the rest of us.

Here's a pic of me with the cup. I have a few other shots of it - despite my camera being a bit goofy this past week. You can check those pictures out, as well as some of our shots from Niagra Falls and Toronto on my photo share, located here: Niagra and Toronto pics.


I was also surprised that the hockey interns at the arena seemed to remember me. *shrug* I guess I was there too much last season *smile* On a final note from my excursion to the arena today, we also caught a glimpse of the would-be jerseys for the 2004-2005 season. Looks like our jerseys will have the goofy looking ties in the front. I know I know, it's "classic" but just not my preference. Also saw our third jersey, which will be nice bright red.

Other hockey news, not sure why I didn't see this one sooner, but - Carolina decided to let Weekes out as a free agent. Ironic how not too long ago they had two amazing goalies which created issues as to who gets played, now they've pretty much tossed them both by the way side. *shrug* New coach, new ideals I guess. We'll see.

Also, Recchi has signed with the Pens again - after many years - he's baaaack! It should be interesting to see where the Pens take themselves this season. I'm truly believing they NEED something this upcoming year (if there is even a part of one).

Finally a tidbit of amusement, thanks to the Slipster for this one *grin* Someone made a boo-boo on their records, unless Richard Paul just enjoys playing at the ECHL level for sh*ts and giggles. He was listed as being an NHL player for the Columbus Blue Jackets on this site. Apparently someone failed to note he played for the Dayton Bombers (their affiliate) at the time. I think you should demand the pay that goes along with this Richard.

For fun... thank Drewfus for this linkage. Of particular interest: Schfifty-five (we'll call it a lame-ass tribute to the number *laugh*, weeee! (gonads and strife) (one I saw a few years back in NC), badgers, and especially the end of the world (what's going on eh?)

No comments: