Sunday, June 27, 2004

I actually got up and went to church this morning. After walking about the Westmoreland mall yesterday afternoon I was quite whooped (dang I'm old). I didn't find but two teeshirts and this bitchin pillow, but it was still worth the trip - even if just to hang with gal pals (yes, OMG, I actually have multiple female friends, I think this is a first in my life).

I also found a great book in Barnes and Noble, but opted to come back and order it online so I could save some bucks on it. It's called "The Physics of Hockey", by Alain Hache, and it appears to perfectly meld my adoration for hockey with the geek math loving nature I have within. Mmm, thermodynamics, molecular physics, trajectories, drag, friction, fluid dynamics and more... I can't wait to dig into this one.

I guess I always looked at playing pool to be so physics oriented, but didn't really think about anything beyond that and how the understanding of physics could help your game. Maybe I'll get some tips I can share with the guys this year *wink wink*

Softball again today, cross your fingers for us, we REALLY could use a win or two that doesn't come from a forfit.

Less than a week til the next vacation trip!

No comments: