Saturday, May 22, 2004

The vacation saga: May 16, 2004, Nawiliwili, Kauai

Today was our helicopter tour. Thanks to Eric I knew which island to pick for this trip - it definitely was the prettiest island of them all. During the tour we got to see the waterfall from Fantasy Island, and the spot where they filmed the arrival at the island from Jurassic Park, I took a LOAD of pictures on this trip.

After, I ventured to Walmart, of all places, because we had a third formal night and I had only expected two. Walmart in Hawaii is very very different. They have a buttload of hawaiian print stuff and whatnot, but nothing normal. *sigh* So that was a bust.

I did then get some time in by the pool and watched the ice carving demonstration. I am always amazed by people with artistic talent. I'll never have it. It's like I'd love to take photos and have them come out, but my pics are mediocre at best... the ones from Hawaii, I have a few excellent ones, but that's because the medium was so easy! There's also the stained glass thing, I wish I had the talent to create those things nicer than what I can... I know, practice practice... but eh.

This evening's show was the crew's act - which was pretty cool. I also attended the Crown and Anchor Society's welcome back champagne party. So, it was nice to get a buzz on before dinner... mmm, surf and turf. And finally, back to the vortex!


The vacation saga: May 17, 2004, Kailua Kona, (The Big Island) Hawai'i

More sunbathing in the morning and afternoon.

Today was the crap tour. Parker Ranch. You'd think on this big ass ranch I'd see some cattle. No. Eh. Not even worth discussing this one further. At least on the drive back from Parker Ranch there was interesting things to see. In the main parts of the lava flow where things haven't grown back yet the people graffiti things with white rocks. It's quite neat to see these piles of white rock shaped into graffiti for miles and miles on end along the highway.

Dinner delighted me with a crab cake appetizer (damn I love crabcake). After the show I went to take photos of the gala midnight buffet. I had to, since I know how gorgeous they are... especially since I was too tired nights before to stay awake to go to the chocolate buffet.


The vacation saga: May 18, 2004, Honolulu, Oahu

No excursions today as I moved the one for today to 'tomorrow' in order to get us to the airport later. We walked around Honolulu a little. Not much near the port that interested me. Waikiki was 3 miles away and it was a little too hot, so we stuck near the ship. I did wander back off the boat later in the day to hit the sushi restaurant that was near the dock. Mmm, non-mall food court sushi! (I hate Johnstown for that).

Then I did some packing so I was ready to roll.

No comments: