Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Guess what I'm doing? Well, yeah... how did you guess? At this point Nashville is ahead but it's only the 2nd. Did you see the Stars step up last night in OT? Blah. I guess the Avs had to let them have a chance. *grin*

Today was pretty hectic with meetings that seemed to prevent me from accomplishing too much. It's funny how you can go for days with nothing on your calendar and then have a spree of meetings so tightly packed that you can't accomplish anything but walking from one conference room to the next.

This evening I did get to see a very good friend that I've missed the company of over the past couple weeks. *smile* You know who you are. So that's a plus - and a nice way to wrap up an otherwise blah day which consisted of - surprise surprise - MORE RAIN!

Now for today's deep thoughts (to hell with Jack Handy). This is a drag on something that happened many many years ago but was only brought to my attention recently. If someone gives up on a dream that is handed to them 'for you' but they never told you that they had the opportunity, what does that mean?

Me, I feel guilty on some levels, even though I know I would have wanted this loved one to persue the dream regardless of the cost that we had to pay together. Now, I know I shouldn't feel guilty because this person should have told me that they had been accepted to go for this dream. So you've got to ask, why didn't they? Did they, on some level, not really want to try or fear they couldn't perform - or did they truly believe (the worst) that you wouldn't be supportive? I guess if this person didn't realize how I would have reacted then he didn't know me as well as I thought he did. But we all know I've questioned how well I thought I knew him.

At least one of us is working on that post graduate degree.

No comments: