Friday, January 16, 2004

*WARNING I will be ruining some content on a movie here, so if you haven't seen Freddy vs. Jason and don't want me to ruin any surprises for you, don't read on.*

The next to the last copy available at blockbuster, but movie acquired! I did have my heart set on watching the Hurricanes vs. the Lightning, but quickly lost interest as the Lightnings upped the Canes by 5 long before the end of the first period. So it was time to move to the living room to enjoy Freddy vs. Jason.

Was it cheesey? Of course. Don't be silly and expect some deep plot line in the umpteenth sequel to either one of these classic characters. I was never much of a Jason fan, and don't know the backstory on him, but I found the mother character to hold a little Psycho flavor to it - I'm also a big Norman Bates fan, so this was just butta' to me.

I was disappointed with some of the quick wit and quips of Freddy's that were cut from the final film. Freddy's dry, sarcastic humor is probably one of the main reasons why I think he's such a cool guy.

So who wins. On sheer abuse of the other I think Freddy comes out way in the lead. I was a little dismayed with the ending, which suggested that Jason was a little more triumphant, however - both live on, which is a plus.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but nothing will ever kill me. Lets see first they tried burning me then they tried burying me but this... this is my favorite, they even tried holy water. But I just keep on ticking!"

No comments: