Monday, December 29, 2003

So Christmas is over... did I get what I wanted? Does anyone ever truly get what they wanted? For that matter does anyone really know WHAT they want? At least for once I didn't finish the holiday season with that let down feeling that it was all over. I guess I could easily say EVERY year I kind of sighed at the end of Christmas because it was gone for another 365 days.

I never understood how you could hate Christmas. How it seemed like you could have done with or with out it, no matter how many awesome gifts I found, or how nice the meal was, or how festively the house was decorated. Well this year for the most part - I went through the motions, I put up the decorations and made it clear that Christmas was coming. Sure I still enjoyed finding that perfect gift for someone and watching the dogs tear into their goodies, but it wasn't the same. Congrats... you finally got me to understand what it's like to hate Christmas and to wish it past. I'm sorry I could never show you what it was like to enjoy Christmas. But at least I've learned it wasn't my fault - you'll never be happy until you deal with your haunted Christmases past.

All I can say in summation is I'm very glad those somber emotions were passing ones, tearing at me only on Christmas eve... that I still managed to enjoy my holiday with special people and a tasty meal (if I do say so myself).

No comments: