Thursday, December 07, 2023

I'm still coughing.  For the most part it is completely non-productive.  The sinuses slamming shut thing came back with vengeance the night before last.  Around 3am my head completely closed and my only option to sleep was w/ my mouth hanging open, hence drying out my throat further.  I hate that everything gets caught in my chest for a month.  What to do about it?

Cough syrup doesn't do anything.  Tylenol helps my head, but not the cough.  Allergy meds didn't clear my head.  My inhaler didn't help my cough.  Warm tea did nada.  The neti pot was futile, I couldn't get it to flow through and salt water got trapped so I then had pockets of it draining out overnight (yum).  The steam of a hot shower didn't change much.  I never had any fever with any of it... but could I have a sinus infection?  Between the two issues I want to call the doctor, but I'd be pretty pissed if I spend $100+ to go and they tell me it is what it is that I just need to wait it out.  I'm almost at the 2 week mark of taking various medicines, that can't be a good thing to keep doing.

Update on the fosters - Pickle and Summer get a shot and a chip today (I guess the mobile clinic ran out of chips).  All 3 had their second dose of dewormer.  That means they will all technically be ready to go.  Pickle and Summer are doing well and will play and cuddle a bit, they are both still apprehensive, but will accept pets and both purr.  Jackson on the other hand definitely needs more time.  If Pickle and Summer go quickly I'll be able to give him more focus.  In the mean time I may need to put him back into a smaller containment area.

No comments: