Tuesday, December 12, 2023

I stopped taking meds on Sunday because it had been two weeks and I wanted to give my liver a break.  By dinner time, I took a bite of food and felt pain on the left side of my mouth -- whee!  Sinus infection.  Good to know the meds did nothing to help my lingering issues but they masked a legit problem.

Monday I scheduled the earliest available appointment at my PCP (Wed at 11:45am) and then called leaving them a message asking for any slot if someone cancels.  Fortunately, they called back and got me in yesterday at 11.  I left there w/ two prescriptions, one for an antibiotic for my sinuses and one for a cough suppressant.  I don't think the cough suppressant is doing much - it is a "take as needed" thing but the mouth pain is gone already after 3 doses of the antibiotic.

My ribs are the biggest source of my pain at the moment.  Pretty sure the coughing did this to me, but I feel like someone took a baseball bat to my right side.  It's hard to get in and out of bed and most movements are giving me a sharp pain.  I had to get help to lift the 30lb bag of dog food last night.  This all needs to go away -- now.  It's time to start cleaning in prep for Christmas since I'm obliged to have people here.  I was supposed to get the house cleaned tomorrow, but my cleaning person is afraid of getting sick, so I'm on my own.

Of course, while I'm gimping around and struggling everyone in my house has lost their mind.  The cold snap has Zero running circles.  Church and Barnabas needed a play session last night before bed and the foster kittens are running amok.  

No comments: