Friday, July 21, 2023

The tomatoes... it's happening!  At least with the sweet 100s.  Both yesterday and today I went out at lunch time to harvest fresh tomatoes and basil.  Yesterday I had designs on caprese, but quickly realized I never ran to get my mozz.  I had to make do mixing the basil, tomatoes, and balsamic with the garlic cheese curds I snagged from a local dairy.  They're quite good, but obviously the texture isn't what I was desiring.  Today I cooked up some garlic and tomatoes in butter, then I tossed in the basil right at the end... all to make a nice sauce for my ravioli.  Lunch has been delightful this week.  I also pulled enough basil to dry one cookie tray worth, so the whole house smelled delightful.

Admittedly, I have eaten like a queen (much to my own detriment) this week.  There were cupcakes I couldn't resist earlier in the week (to celebrate moi) and then my favorite egg took us out for dinner yesterday.  I had to indulge in the chocolate cake post meal.

No comments: