Monday, January 02, 2023

I wasn't going to buy myself a Christmas present this year, but I cracked and ordered an air fryer when I saw a good deal through Best Buy.  Avery had expressed sadness that I hadn't gotten one from Santa so I could "make her nuggies easier for her".  I guess it is a gift for both of us.

It arrived on the 1st.  I haven't tried it yet. I am trying to decide what tp make first, but I guess I should christen it with chickie nugs.

On a completely different topic:  I am always a bit down and distracted through the holidays.  This season I have also been struggling with jealousy.  I am so grateful for the comforts I have, why do we always feel the need to compare ourselves?

Nope, I don't get to be part of a dual income household.  With the ongoing and looming issues I postpone booking that cruise.  Having a circle of people to hang out with isn't in the cards right now.  I am lazy and don't have the stamina (or money) to take Avery everywhere and join everything.  I am not rattling cages to climb the corporate ladder.  It all is what it is and won't matter down the road.  What I really wish I had the balls to do is to cut myself away from fb, but I worry that I would feel like an island as a result.

What to do about it?  Pray, for sure.  Put it out there to maybe let someone else know they aren't the only one with those feelinga.  Press on.

No comments: