Saturday, November 13, 2021

Check in time!  4 week mark.

Not much has changed, it remains separation or leash -- and too much periodic lunges on that leash right now for my liking.  He destroyed the door on the old crate.  The door is bent in, which isn't too hard to do with the old plastic crates.  He then ate my ghostie bath and body works plugin *tears*.  I'll tell you -- it's impossible to find a heavy duty crate locally.

To my surprise I spotted a new in box of the make I was looking at on marketplace.  Yep, that went how you'd expect.  *sigh*  It was new, it does appear that it wasn't taken out of the box given the way it was in there, but all of the parts were missing (to screw the top on, to latch the door, and the caster/wheels).  The guy answered once to reiterate he didn't have it out of the box, but that was it - he didn't reply when I asked about him inquiring to obtain the parts.  Fortunately, my sister was here all week and she's way more resourceful than I.  She found the right sized screws to put the top on and created makeshift door locks.

Today while I returned her to the airport, stopped at Target, and went to church that is where he was.  He didn't get out -- but he sure made a mess.  He still drooled like crazy, but since this has openings on the bottom and trays the trays were soaked instead of him.  He also pooped, so that was fun.

He nips at Saffy's legs when playing and she's none too thrilled.  I've been trying to deter his mouthing in general.  I'm tired right now, that's for sure, despite having a bit of help w/ my sister in.

More on that -- we had our other sister and her daughter here early in the week to visit as well.  I am not a fan of the fact that I felt like I shouldn't go anywhere (other than for a walk with him).  It wouldn't be as big of a deal if I saw a light at the end of that tunnel.  We still had a very nice visit.

No comments: