Saturday, July 03, 2021

We met kitties today!  The longer story that goes with this is below.  We did not come home with a cat.  I'll leave it at saying that Avery didn't like the one we met and she was ready to leave.  So odd for her and she wasn't falling asleep on the drive to or from there, so it wasn't a sleepy issue.

This was an individual who runs a rescue from their home.  This particular group had a female black cat that had come back as a double-check mark match on Petfinder, but I hadn't previously contacted them because I was more focused on males.  This group did not have an application or checks, so we were "in" pretty quick and were offered to come visit, but immediately the focus was shifted to two other cats that they thought would be good matches for us. Despite being there, we didn't even get to see the first/original cat, which kind of sits odd with me, especially since we didn't have an amazing connection with the two cats we were introduced to.  The black male was friendly, etc, but the kicker is Avery was ready to go.  On the drive home she told me that cat was mean.  Note that he did nothing negative while we were there.  Ok, I guess.  I am kind of hoping we have a moment where she says "can we take this one home with us"?

No comments: