Thursday, June 03, 2021

I snagged another basil plant.  I need to get it into a pot.  Maybe I'll just leave it inside on the counter.  Two of the from seed tomato plants look like they are going to go for it.  Given that it is June they are pretty far behind for all the bigger they are, so we'll see how it goes.  The pepper plants aren't dead, but they haven't changed size much either.

The baby mourning doves have left, but I think one of the parents is fixing up the nest.  The internet tells me they have 2-3 broods a year, so I suspect they intend to stick around and didn't mind me gawking at them.

The would-be in-law came yesterday to work on the back yard.  He's had a lot on his plate this year, so I greatly appreciate the support.  It's nice to have someone who does landscaping professionally in the family.  My discontentment with the situation out there has been greatly reduced.  We still have to figure out what to do with the sharp drop off to the fence, but getting a border in with rubber mulch for the swing set and top soil with seed in around that makes it look NOT a mud pit.

I heard something that gave me great anxiety a week ago.  I haven't been talking with most anyone about it, hoping my anxiety on the scenario would pass naturally, but it still has my hackles up and fills me with questions that are none of my business.  It really shouldn't end up effecting me one way or the other... gotta let it slide out of my brain.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I was given this information.

No comments: