Friday, June 25, 2021

I have been in communications with a foster-based group that has a cat that I am drawn to... I had filled out their application and after being asked if I could come to meet him tonight I had bought a few basic supplies because I didn't want to be completely unprepared if things went swimmingly.  After all, it won't break me, and even if I never adopt I can always make a donation somewhere, right?

I indicated we could do it Thursday morning.  When I didn't hear anything by noonish I followed up with an email asking a few questions to see what their expectations were, see how much he weighed, what he is presently eating, etc... radio silence.

I had decided it was a good nudge to take Friday afternoon off to use a few hours that are use or loose.  I decided to hit At Home (code orange!) and could easily head the rest of the way there.  I even decided to go to a cat cafe type place in the burgh.  Since I didn't hear back, I didn't get to meet that cat, but we did do the rest of the things I had planned.  No perfect match identified at the cafe, which is prb good since they have no clue regarding dogs for any of them.

I wrapped up the two projects I was leading earlier this week, so for once I feel like I can breathe.  Not feeling the need to get online after kiddo is in bed -- or this weekend for that matter -- feels weird, but good.  Gotta relax before the next dumpster fire gets lit.

No comments: