Friday, March 19, 2021

I have lived here long enough that I am replacing batteries in the smoke detectors (as they die) for the second time.  Of course, they die in the middle of the night.  4am to be precise.  It's extra fun to balance on a step stool and try to change the battery when one arm doesn't want to go up that high but you need both arms to unclip the detector from the wiring.  Why on earth you can't open the battery compartment without removing it from the wiring I don't know, but it's pretty annoying.

Speaking of my shoulder... did I comment that the MRI was around $3100?  I was wrong.  They billed the xray used to place the dye separately, so that's another $515.  I finally got kind of a straight answer.  The doctor had left a message pretty fast saying the MRI was negative as I mentioned previously.  But he also indicated he would call me back in the next couple of days, which he did not.  I called over the last two weeks leaving messages on the doctor's group's line to no avail.  I finally employed the woman in scheduling by playing stupid.  The doctor called (again) after hours and (again) left a message saying all was negative and that I could get on the schedule for that procedure.  I guess I need to call scheduling for real now.

The good news is I will quickly be over the first hurdle on my insurance and only paying 10% of the bill until the second hurdle.


No comments: