Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Last week I had to call upon a plumber.  My shower had been draining slower, so I pulled out my little hair wand and removed a big ol' clump.  Oddly though, after removing the wad of hair it really slowed down (that was a really fast shower night).  He took care of that, and looked at two other targets of opportunity.  I mean, if he's here I may as well get the other things looked at, right?

He cleared out the other bathroom's drain, which has always been slower to drain and sometimes had a smell when you first ran water, but I didn't realize it should have been doing so much better.  He checked my dishwasher which was starting to get gross and needing cleaned on the bottom (something I never did in 18 years in the Jingletown house w/ that dishwasher).  He cleared some ick out of the drains there and tried to place them more appropriately under the kitchen sink.  This has now been dry at the end of a cycle.  He did note that the dishwasher is crap - you know, builder grade.  Not a surprise to me.  I've not been a fan of this one - I miss the one from Jingletown.

I think the new bedroom TV should be labeled as my Christmas gift to myself, but girl, there is always Valentine's day or my birthday.  I suppose I should replace that darn extra freezer sooner rather than later too.

Aside:  I'm very lucky that here in this community we have an electrician and a plumber, both of which get kudos from the neighbors and are fast to respond.  I also have the electrician coming back (he was here a while back to add plugs and some lights on a switch in the basement) to add another plug - one up high on the bedroom wall for my new wall mounted tv.

No comments: