Friday, November 22, 2019

Well that is a first!  I saw my first nomadic round of robins in the winter!  I know that robins don't migrate, but still I always comment when I see the first ones in the spring because historically they've been pretty absent.

I was out back with the dogs and there was a good bit of chirping and birds all about in the trees behind the house.  I have to admit, I feel bad.  I can't help but think one of them led his friends here saying "I know this lady, she has food and water, let's go there." - and here I am without having filled the winter feeders and the bird bath is down as to avoid it freezing and damaging the concrete.  Ok, I looked - they're still unlikely to hit up feeders, even in the winter.  I feel less guilty but I am looking to see I have any apples, grapes, etc that need tossed that I can put out.

No comments: