Sunday, May 19, 2019

A good measure of the weekend is the correlation between how tired and productive I feel.  We're going to call this weekend an extreme success.  Friday night I headed out a little early to get Avery and we headed to the church spaghetti dinner.  We didn't get to meet the new pastor since she bounced early, but we at least got to eat.  From there we headed south to Target (which I already provided commentary on) and Hobby Lobby.

Saturday we were up and off to Starbucks and Little Gym as is our Saturday routine.  With the earlier Little Gym class we are able to get a little more done before nap time, so we headed south again, back to Washington to hit Home Depot and Big Lots, and we squeezed in a visit to Chic-fil-A.  I came home with a new toy for my pressure washer, which was the motivation I needed to get outside and tending to the deck, which I started while Avery napped Saturday and finished today (Sunday) after church.  The toy is an attachment to the pressure washer that spins, so it works nicely on the deck surface, siding, and things of that sort.  I still can't get the soap dispensers to work on the pressure washer, but the water alone is productive for what really irritates me on the deck - the green mold.  I also headed out front to clean off the garage door and a few of the freebies I've scored from the neighborhood (like the wagon*).

I will need to take some of the cleaner I bought to the deck surface in a few weeks w/ a broom to get a bit more grime up, but it looks 100x better already.  I hate that this is going to be a yearly battle.  The houses around here all have green mold growing on the siding. I only had a few spots that struggled in Johnstown and that was on the dark side of the house under the pine trees and that was limited to around the bedroom windows and that was something I only needed to tend to a few times over the years.  Here even the sun beating on the deck and banisters doesn't keep the growth at bay.

After Avery's nap we all went to the water safety day family swim at Goldfish Swim School.  A free hour of family swimming, a woman making balloon animals, and a free kona ice - it was a good time and shockingly -- poorly attended.  There were less people there than at the pay family swims we have attended.

I also picked up my two tomato plants this morning after church and made quick order of getting them 'planted' in my 5 gallon containers.  I repotted the two african violets gifted to me when I was pregnant with Avery too.

I'm proud to report that after I finished the deck today I headed upstairs, and despite Avery not wanting to nap she eventually gave in -- and allowed me to do the same.  I napped!  I needed it big time.  I'm a bit sore and worn out from everything this weekend.

*The wagon was listed on the facebook group for the community a few weeks back as a "come and get this, it's at the curb" thing.  It is a $100 item on Amazon.  Score.  We used said wagon today to walk up to pick up a Little Tykes basketball stand that someone else listed in a similar manner.  Avery has quite the collection of gently used free items set up out back.

No comments: