Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Update on the car - it is cool once again.  Fortunately, they didn't charge me to recharge the freon, unfortunately, they couldn't find a leak.  They did add a dye, so if I end up toasty again soon they might stand a chance of seeing where everything is escaping at.

I also wanted to post because of someone on my mind.  It's about an old classmate.  The other day another person in the Altoona group posted stating they found photos in her sister's things, they'd like to get to the others in them, she was in my class.  Of course I had to click through to figure out if I knew who it was - and lo and behold it was one of the few gals that were in elementary with me.  Breast cancer.

Sure I hadn't spoken to her in forever, but it is sticking with me.  I had looked for her on Facebook a while back, not finding her.  But now I see she joined last year, maybe after being diagnosed?  Who knows.  Regardless, she's been on my mind.  RIP SL.  I'll always remember that when my father passed away, you and your dad were the rare ones of my classmates that reached out with sympathies.  I remember your humor and personality.  I wish we had had a chance to catch up, if only to see what you were up to through facebook.

Today I returned my sister to the airport.  Avery and I will miss having her here visiting.  She's always quite the help, and it's nice to have someone to chat with.

No comments: