Sunday, July 08, 2018

Avery, my Favorite Egg and I made the drive to Altoona on Saturday for a family reunion.  Not everyone was there, but I'm glad to have gotten to see as many people as we did, including one Aunt who we made a special stop to visit at home as she's been ailing after leaving the hospital in the past month.  It makes me sad to see how thin and frail many of them have become.

We were blessed with perfect weather.  The extreme heat dropped off and we had a lovely cool morning with bright blue, clear skies.  Even Pittsburgh cooperated and we didn't slow down much at all - making it to Altoona in 2 hours and 15 minutes!

After we arrived I took a loop around Mom's house.  One of these days the new owners will see someone creeping by taking photos of their house.  Sorry, I just want to see how it evolves.  Then we headed to the cemetery to visit Avery's Meme and Grandpop before heading to my cousin's where the get together was taking place.

Today was pretty average - Starbucks, church, some cleaning while Avery took a nice long nap (thank goodness), a walk under the clear blue skies that continued today, playing with Avery, watering lawns, continuing to eat leftovers from the family reunion.  I brought back a good bit of pasta salad which turned out really well, but I'm telling you after eating it for 5 meals straight it is loosing it's luster, and a big back of chicken courtesy of my cousin (also loosing it's luster).

No comments: