Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I haven't mentioned it often enough, but I am loving where I live.  The fact that there are people out walking in this neighborhood and many kids about is just awesome to me (even when you have to wait for them to get off of the road so you can pass).  I love the facebook group for the community too - people putting things up for sale from their kids pretty inexpensive and even putting things out there for free.  This morning I picked up a metal framed fisher price tricycle that someone said "free, it'll be at the end of my driveway if you want it".  Um, yes please.  Even if Avery hates it - it can always go to consignment or get donated.

We had a few pleasant days that allowed us to go for walks, but here we are again with rain.  I'm not a fan, but it still beats snow, and I'm still in my shorts trying to will the summer weather into being.

This past weekend I had my evening out to go see Matt and Kim live at Mr. Smalls Theatre in Millvale!  I had a blast.  Once I found parking (parking on street there) I walked down to Strange Roots, grabbed a sweet beer, and grabbed a bulgogi bowl from a food truck parked in their lot.  Good stuff - both the beer and the bowl!  Then I walked back to the venue (three cheers for that pleasant weather).  Matt and Kim are high energy and fun.  I've been watching their blogs and that is just who they are - and that's who they are on stage.  I love it.  More fun stuff on the horizon, I'll report back as soon as I can!

No comments: