Wednesday, January 03, 2018

I neglected to mention I started off my around the house goals for 2018 on the right foot.  Yesterday a handyman came to install the cabinets in the laundry room.  They look great and I'm very pleased.  He didn't make a mess, was quick (quicker than guestimated), and reasonably priced.  I am definitely going to call him for the next task.  All in (cabinets and installation) I was just between $500-600.  I'm golden with that.

I also think I've picked the tile I want for the half bath on the small wall behind the mirror/vanity.  I can order that at any point and hold it here until I get the other components.  Since there is cutting involved (outside) we're going to hold off until the weather is a little more agreeable to start up this activity.

It has inspired me however (and since the budget wasn't blown I feel like I can slush some money in another direction).  I wish I had confidence in a selection of a replacement light for the dining room.

No comments: