Monday, December 04, 2017

This weekend was focused on Christmas, or at least the things I actually got achieved were.  Saturday afternoon we went to At Home so I could buy my tree.  I've been waiting for them to go on sale, but I simply couldn't wait any longer.  My coupon for joining their mailing list expired too - boo!  Regardless, we left there w/ the tree I liked the most and some new ornaments.  (Side note:  My mother would be in shock to see my tree.  White lights.  Not blinking.  One set of colors on the ornaments.)

While up there we also swung into Home Goods, Kirklands, and stopped to eat at the Industry Public House.  I had the most delightful fish and chips and a lovely black forest cake stout!

Sunday the wee one went down in the middle of crankiness for an extra long nap, which gave us long enough to get the tree up and the two wreaths out front on the windows.  Man, going from the old house to this one my wreaths look so insignificant - but how do you go about getting more of something you bought years ago?  You don't.  So the front of the house looks a little bare.  Ok, it looks really bare compared to much of the neighborhood.

I did not however get anything wrapped.  I still need to find a few more gifts too.  But the big thing is getting some wrapped and mailed out.

No comments: