Thursday, November 16, 2017

I know my dogs well.  I have systems and habits in place to avoid things I don't want them doing.  Really it's my own fault when I don't follow these procedures and they do what they do.  As I do each morning now, I ran to take Avery to daycare - it can be less than 10 minutes unless I stand there hugging on her or talking to one of the workers.  I returned to find things pulled from the small trash cans and throughout the living room and computer room.  *gah Danika!*

The extra grossness is that she adores tissues - pulling them out and shredding them.  It's cold season in my house, so a few cans are full of My Favorite Egg's, as my mother used to call them, snot rags.

Why was she given free reign on this occasion?  Because after I put them back in the bedroom from their trip outside she woke My Favorite Egg and he brought them back down/out and left the bedroom door hanging open.  I was too lazy to add "wrangle dogs back up the stairs and into the room" onto my pre-departure to do list while tending to kiddo.

Often people close to me will challenge this one saying, but if you're only gone for a little while you can't let them have free reign?  No, no I obviously can NOT.  She's enough of a jerk about this that just being outside mowing the lawn Danika will pull things out of the trash cans.  Thank you for the reminder that what I do I do for a reason and not just because I'm uptight and mean.

No comments: