Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Tonight's veggie adventures...
First up the patty pan squash:  I fried the smaller one with a light breading and ate the whole thing.  It needed more flavor in the breading, but I didn't want to put too much in as I wanted to taste the squash since it was my first exposure to it.  The other two I put in the oven with some savory seasonings.  It was ok.  Most of this I am going to attempt to freeze to have an easy to get to side dish.

Next up was the kohlrabi:  I've made this before, nice and basic - roasted with olive oil, garlic and seasoning.  I ate a little but that majority of this too will be frozen for later easy access.

I wanted to get to some of the cabbage that is here too, but it just wasn't happening.  I don't have the stamina to make it happen.  I also have a ton of peppers that need stuffed, but I need to get some meat to do so and that means making a run that I haven't had time or desire to achieve.  It's kind of sad how quickly the next weekend and new supply of fresh veggies come.  I knew that it was hard to get through a half share by myself, but here I am once again. At least I'm eating more veggies.

No comments: