Friday, December 16, 2016

My anxieties are nipping at my heels today.  I haven't gotten any word on the inspection yet.  As I've said before, I know no home is perfect, not even a brand new one, much less one from the 50's.  I've fixed so many things and I think all is healthy, but I'm not an expert in any of these things, so who knows what may be uncovered that I wasn't aware of.  Is that being pessimistic?  I'm sure some people would accuse me of such but again I tell you I am trying to temper my expectations and avoid any major disappointments that would come if I pretended nothing could go wrong.

I keep waffling between wanting to wait until I know 100% things are a go and wanting to start get a jump on things.  Even the act of taking off the nicer comforter and cramming it into the storage bag felt like jumping the gun to me.

The mortgage rates are slowly ticking upward with promises of moving even higher, so I reached out to a lender.  I may not have picked just yet or made an offer, but maybe I can lock in (since 45 days would be pretty close to when I'd need to bail).  I figure maybe doing one or two things like this will help settle my mind a bit.  The good news is they do something called a recast which may help me avoid doing a short home equity loan to ensure I have enough liquid funds for down payment/closing/moving/misc expenses while I'd wait for this place to close and cash out.

No comments: